Our business unit BULK is looking for a Project Engineer who will manage the projects within installations for trading and storage of bulk materials from A to Z, including the following:
- Together with your colleagues, as Project Engineer, you organise and coordinate a project during its entire life cycle (study, production and commissioning).
- You bear the final responsibility for all aspects of the realisation of a project:
- you define and monitor the global scope of the programme
- you set and monitor the budget
- you draw up the planning and adjust it where necessary
- you guard the quality and the proper functioning of the project
- You translate the customer requirements into necessary actions and concrete “deliverables” for the project team and follow them up.
- You make a realistic project planning in consultation with the department responsibles, taking into account the existing business processes, budget resources and deadlines.
- You communicate and consult on a regular basis with the customer and with the project team.
- You organise and lead coordination meetings of the project team (internal employees, suppliers and subcontractors).
- You manage possible risks and problems in the field of safety, planning and budget.
- You report monthly on the status of the project (budget, planning, scope changes, risks) to the Head of Projects.
- You regularly go on site visits in order to keep your finger on the pulse.
- You prepare the commissioning and are available for the mechanics.
- You suggest improvements and contribute to the transfer of knowledge and the exchange of experiences within the various departments and/or projects.
- You have an education as an industrial or civil engineer in a technical field and have a broad technical interest.
- You preferably have several years of experience with Project Management, preferably in industrial mechanical systems. Knowledge of Prince or PMI project methodology is an asset.
- You are result-oriented with great perseverance.
- Your organisational talent, together with your communication skills and sense of diplomacy, ensure that a project runs smoothly and you can motivate a project team to achieve the project goals.
- You enjoy working autonomously as well as in a team and you have a flexible attitude.
- You radiate our values (expertise, perseverance, integrity, passion and dynamism).
- You will work in a warm, collegial and no-nonsense West-Flemish SME in an environment free of traffic jams.
- You will be part of a young and dynamic team within a financially healthy company where people are key.
- You can count on a position in which independence and responsibility are given, combined with a varied range of projects in an exciting business-to-business environment.