In a fluidised bed, a particle system is maintained suspended by a flow directed against the gravitational force. During this, air flows around each individual particle. The resultant large contact surface between particle and air ensures optimum heat and mass transfer and thus enables fast, gentle and energy-efficient drying.
This makes the fluidised bed dryer the ideal dryer for drying of:
• Granular and crystalline products
• Sticky products or products likely to agglomerate
• Temperature-sensitive products
• Fine powders
• Soft filter cake and pastes
• Suspensions and solutions
Additionally, the fluidised bed dryer can be equipped with a cooling stage to ensure an effective cooling of dried products.